Spring has officially begun! While we are still covered in snow, we are loving the warmer and sunnier days. My training has been going well, and I have been blessed with many great views, including this sunrise and view of the lake.
Here is my training for the last 2 weeks:
3/12/18 - 3/18/18
- Monday: 6 miles easy (8:25 pace)
- Tuesday: 7.8 miles (2 mile warm-up, Drills & Strides, 15 x 1 min 6:15 pace + 1 min at 8:15 pace, 1 mile cool down)
- Wednesday: Rest day
- Thursday: 5 miles easy (8:40 pace) + 30 minutes strength
- Friday: 7 miles (2 mile warm-up, Drills & Strides, 4 mile tempo (6:53 / 6:53 / 6:49 / 6:47, 1 mile cool down)
- Saturday: 6.5 miles easy (8:17 pace) + 30 minutes strength
- Sunday: 13.5 miles easy (8:21 pace)
3/19/18 - 3/25/18
- Monday: 25 minute easy swim (1000 meters)
- Tuesday: 7 miles easy (8:29 pace) + 30 minutes strength
- Wednesday: 8 miles (2 mile warm-up, Drills & Strides, 2 x 10 minutes at 6:40 average, 2 mile cool down)
- Thursday: 6 miles easy (8:41 pace) + 30 minutes strength
- Friday: 6 miles easy (8:30 pace)
- Saturday: 7 miles easy (8:18 pace) + 30 minutes strength
- Sunday: 13 miles (9 miles easy, 3 miles fast (7:03 / 6:56 / 6:46), 1 mile easy)
To fuel my miles, we continue to eat well and stock the fridge with lots of yummy foods. Below is a picture of our spaghetti with meat sauce from last week. The sauce was delicious and I added organic ground beef along with lots of diced tomatoes, spinach, sliced carrots, oregano and garlic. We topped it with freshly grated parmesan cheese. We have also been enjoying plenty of fruits including strawberries, clementines, kiwi, cantaloupe, and cara cara oranges. I was craving key lime pie last week, and Chobani makes a delicious key lime pie yogurt! Hit the spot.
Here is our meal plan for this week:
- Monday: Maple glazed chicken with sweet potatoes - based off this recipe here. This is new for us, but it looks really good and easy!
- Tuesday: Burgers with salad
- Wednesday: Roasted chicken sausage with vegetables and rice
- Thursday: Homemade pizza with mushrooms and peppers
- Friday: Pesto pasta with green beans
- Saturday: Quesadillas with homemade corn/avocado/tomato salsa
Breakfasts are overnight oats, hot oatmeal, and cereal. Lunches are leftovers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, tuna fish sandwiches, hummus wraps, and chicken/avocado wraps. Snacks are yogurt, fruit, trail mix, and bars including KIND and Clif.
Hope you have a great week! Cassie will be bathing in the sun and watching all the squirrels come out to play :)